12/12/2016

Ann's Journey / Personal game project #01

Few months back I've started my new personal project to fill up my free time. I've loved point and click adventure games, so I decided to create one, at least try to. Now I am working on small tech demo in Unreal Engine 4 to get basic functionality ready. I decided to do it fully 3d in Unreal to get more familiar with available UE4 tools, whole game preproduction and production process. I am slowly writing down story and game concepts. I also started sketching first drafts for my main protagonist Ann Corwin.

Main inspiration sources: Ragnar's The Longest Journey 1, Mass Effect trilogy, Syberia, Black Mirror, Gabriel knight 1

Setting / story draft
Distant future. Earth wasn't suited for life any more and humans were saved from extinction by another species in a galaxy. Some of them died, some of them lives by side with their saviors, started to learn and evolve in a way they never thought would be possible. In a time humans were given new planet, where they started new colony and build few cities. This planet is also place where main protagonist came from. Story is going to be about Ann's Journey to alternates dimensions, where she is going to find out truth about the universe, to find out that nothing is as it looks like. She will do research, travel to distant unknown worlds, visit her home planet, meet various species, friends, enemies. Every action will develop her character, she will be transforming to new person, to find out that everything leads where it all started and beyond.This is only first draft putted together from few of my documents I've created and it is going to change...a lot...

Anna Corwin - Basic BIO and first concepts
  • placement: Scientist on a Union scientific vessel USV - 7 Aurora (mid size spaceship)
  • specialization: Research of distant worlds, history of universe, unknown and old artifacts
  • character: kind, intelligent, hard working person caring for every living being in the universe, but she knows when force needs to be used, she's not afraid doing hard and ultimate choices by herself, but also listens to others.